Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dinner Diary: 9/19/11 Grindhaus Sausage


  • Grindhaus Spicy Italian & Pork and Cremini Sausage with Italian Frying Peppers & Onions
  • Creamy Polenta with Butter
  • Heirloom Tomatoes with Basil





Sunday morning brought a brief window of freedom and the Hollywood Farmers' Market. Fruits and vegetables and seedlings! Fe. and I are about to start our first serious garden. I hope I'll have a lot more to share about this soon.

I popped over to the Grindhaus Sausage Shop in Hollywood on the way home. It's a funny little store front with nothing much other than sausages, mustard and an appealing selection of pickled vegetables. Everything is clean and white besides the tattoos and grindhouse posters. The sausages come in tempting varieties like the exotic lamb with honey and dates and duck with chocolate and cherry. You'll also find dependable flavors like Bratwurst and spicy Italian.

It was my first visit to Grindhaus. I picked up the spicy Italian and pork and cremini mushroom. Both were delicious. The quality of the ingredients appeared to be extremely fresh. Cutting into the uncooked sausage, I really liked what I saw. Nothing sketchy! The flavors were excellent.

I'll have to try again soon. Plus their food truck offerings sound utterly fantastic.

Grindhaus Sausage Shop
5634 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
323-462-6328

No comments: