Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!


Forgive me!

I am so sorry to have been gone for such a long time. And with no explanation. I've been positively racked with guilt.

I completely forgot how overwhelming November and December always prove to be. We've got anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, traveling (Anacortes, WA!) and the general hustle and bustle that sets in around Christmas.




Everything has been exceptionally merry, and the overindulgence has been great. Yet the time has sped by, leaving me anxious to settle into the routine, mundane and simple days of January.


I thought I'd be back on track starting last week. Foolish, me. Today, the 10th of January, will have to do for my fresh start.

So, Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! I've missed you!

I thought I'd share a few pictures of our traditional Christmas feast to kick things off.

We can't shake the habit. Every year, it's prime rib and Yorkshire pudding. A twenty-something pound beast this year.

Cheers! Here's to many wonderful meals together in 2011!













3 comments:

Sarah said...

I made my first prime rib/yorkshire pudding this year, and it did not come out anything like yours. I used Craig Claibourne's recipe (which strangely didn't call for flour) and it was basically a greasy omelet, haha.

Yours, on the other hand, is lovely and puffy. What is the secret?

jacqueline f. said...

Sarah-

That's crazy! No flour?!?

How disappointing!

I'll post the recipe for you in a little bit. It's easy!

Kress said...

Yay -- you're back! Washington looks spectacular, the food looks delicious (albeit, a little bloody for this veggie!), and you look so pretty in that last shot :). Here's to lots of good eats in 2011!!